Many cultural events take place in the cities and villages of the Prefecture of Preveza throughout the year, under the auspices of the local societies and clubs of the Municipalities and the Prefecture. The summer events however are the most crowded and lively ones.
The following cultural events are the most popular within the area:
- In Preveza, very known is the Carnival of Women on the last Thursday of the carnival.
- The International Choral Festival in July, brings together choirs from all over the world, and the Festival of Music established the recent years, is held in June.
- Nikopoleia. From June to early September a series of cultural events held in Preveza. The Festival covers all forms arts.The Jazz Festival has established itself in recent years and take place on May with June. Also, within the Nikopoleion the first weekend of August take p;ace the Sardine Festival in the courtyard of the castle of St. Andrew.
- The Pargina-Kanareia. The events of Parga include theatrical performances, music concerts, photo exhibitions etc.On 14 August in front of the islet Parga, celebrated with great pomp the Canary (named Konstantinos Kanaris).The festival ends on the next day on August 15, with its famous barcarole to the islet of Panagia and impressive fireworks.
- The Louriotika the municipality Lourou conducted in July and August.
- In New Samsun in early August, cultural events'” Amissos” include theatrical and dance performances.
- In New Sinope the “Diogeneia”, in mid-July events include Pontiac bands, while Kanalaki the “Acheronteia” are also held in July and August.
- Festival of Traditional Dance. The traditional dance festival held every year the second weekend of July starting from Thursday to Sunday and is where the ceremony lixis.Ta last two years the program has been configured as follows: Monday to Oropo on Friday in the auditorium Lourou, Saturday beach of Parga and Sunday the end of the garden theater festival in Preveza.