The Prefecture of Preveza has many remarkable monasteries that definitely worth a visit not only for religious purposes, but also for their historical, archeological and touristic interest.
Only two of them are currently inhabited: the Sacred Monastery of Profitis Ilias – Ag. Ioannis Prodromos in Flamboura and the Sacred Monastery of Agios Dimitrios in Zaloggo.
- The imposing Sacred Monastery of Profitis Ilias
- The Sacred Monastery of Agios. This monastery has been declared as a historical preserved monument
- The extraordinary Byzantine monastery of Ag. Dimitrios Tourkopaloukos
The following have also been declared as historic preserved monuments:
- The Sacred Monastery of Agia Pelagia near Kastrosykia
- The Sacred Monastery of Avassos in the location Laka Souliou
- The Sacred Monastery of the Holy Trinity Lekatsa, which is surrounded by the beautiful homonymous forest
Visit also some churches:
- Holy Temple of Agios Athanasios: Its well-preserved vivid frescoes are intricately decorated, being a typical example of venetian art.
- Holy Temple of Agios Charalambos: The Metropolitan Church of Preveza is dedicated to its Patron Saint, Aghios Charalambos. This simple church is known for its gilded wood-carved inner temple and venetian Clock Tower. Aghios Charalambos is celebrated on 10 February.
- Holy Monastery of Vlaherna in Parga
- Holy Temple of the Birth of Virgin Mary, Thesprotiko
- Holy Temple of Agios Varnavas in Louros
- Holy Temple of Agios Dimitrios, Krania
- Holy Temple of Agios Vissarionas in Filippiada